What if gave you permission to get your workout in while dressed in your PJ's, or some other similarly comfy wear? Without having to put on makeup, get into your car or within any special time table.
Why of course I am talking about doing your exercise at home.
Here are five great reasons (post your own, too!) for making your workout more of a household event than travel challenge:
1. No commute. Yeah, step over to the yoga mat or maybe as far as down the stairs, and you have arrived. In your PJ's, even. Taking the commute time out of a gym visit might be the difference between getting it done and feeling guilty about not getting it done. Save the gas, time in traffic and opt for an in home workout, even if it's only on a snow day.
2. No one else's germs, but yours. Am I the only person that cleans the treadmill before and after I use it? Probably not. How many times do you wonder about the germ festival occurring on the gym floor, exercise equipment or facility shower? ICK! At home, the only germs are the ones you are personally acquainted with.
3. No lines. You've gotten yourself to the gym, only to see a cadre of beefy guys hovering over your favorite machine. It's not good time management to rush to the gym only to queue up for the assisted pull up machine. Order an over the door or in ceiling bar and do your pull ups home, whenever the mood strikes you!
4. No peeking. Many of my clients eschew the gym due to the simple fact that they don't want to be watched, assessed or judged. Enough said.
5. Secured valuables. Since you haven't left your home, your wallet, cell phone or cool headphones can't possibly be pinched while you aren't looking or from a locker.
Working out doesn't have to include an expensive gym membership or any other equipment other than your own body weight.
I help my clients select the right online or DVD workout programs, or create one especially for them. And, yes, they can even do it in their jammies! Can I help you?